At the opening Eucharist of the 79th General Convention of the Episcopal Church on July 5, in a sermon by Presiding Bishop Michael Curry, the Presiding Bishop called on members of the Episcopal Church to embrace spiritual practices that can help lead them to a Jesus-centered life.Called the “Way of Love,” the seven practices provide a Rule of Life that all Episcopalians are encouraged to adopt.
- Turn: Pause, listen and choose to follow Jesus.
- Learn: Reflect daily on scripture, especially the life and teachings of Jesus.
- Pray: Spend time with God in prayer every day.
- Worship: Gather in community for worship every week.
- Bless: Share one’s faith and find ways to serve other people.
- Go: Move beyond one’s comfort to witness to the love of God with words and actions.
- Rest: Dedicate time for restoration and wholeness.As part of the Adult Forum on Sunday Mornings, I will lead discussions on the seven areas Bishop Curry has identified as ways towards leading a Jesus-centered life.I hope you can join me in this exploration beginning in September.In Peace