The Pastoral Care council is dedicated to ministering to parishioners in need of spiritual or practical support in times of illness, bereavement or debilitation. Many times a call to the church office from a family member or friend of a parishioner in crisis gets routed to the team via email and one or more of us springs into action!
Here is a list of things we do:
- Provide meals to individuals or families in need following illness or surgery;
- Provide rides to worship and to personal appointments;
- Send cards, make phone calls, and visit members of our congregation who are homebound or residing in nursing facilities;
- Visit parishioners while they recuperate from illness or surgery in nursing facilities or after they come home;
- Regularly take Holy Communion to those who are unable to attend worship services (Lay Eucharistic Visitors are specially trained in this ministry);
- Meet monthly to pray and discuss ongoing pastoral care situations in consultation with the rector and deacon;
- Serve as a resource to connect parishioners with available local and state resources and services; and
- Deliver seasonal plants to our parishioners-at-home at Easter and Christmas, and deliver Thanksgiving fruit baskets in November.
If you decide to join our amazing team, know that you can volunteer as much or as little of your time as you can spare. We guarantee that any effort you expend will be far outweighed by the great feeling you get from making a palpable difference in someone’s life at a difficult time.
If you are interested in being part of the Pastoral Care Team contact Fr. Craig at email@example.com
If you are in need of pastoral care of know of someone who is need of care contact Linda O’Neill at (401) 783-4623 or firstname.lastname@example.org.