…Caring, Compassionate, Confident Learners…
The mission of St. Peter’s by the Sea Preschool is to develop compassionate and confident lifelong learners in the atmosphere of God’s love.
We believe that…
- God’s love is foundational for developing a nurturing learning environment.
- Preschoolers learn best through play, exploration, and discovery.
- Family-teacher relationships support the growth of the whole child.
St. Peter’s by the Sea Preschool celebrates each child’s individual talents and learning styles in an atmosphere of God’s unconditional love. We are committed to creating a loving environment in which each child will build confidence, character, and a passion for learning. We provide a high quality program in a small, intimate setting where hands-on, project-based investigations develop creative thinkers.
Goals and Objectives
- Ensure a small, nurturing learning environment within the atmosphere of God’s love.
1.1 Create a student-teacher ratio of 5-1.
Teaching and Learning
- Implement a hands-on, high-quality, discovery based approach to learning that aligns with the Rhode Island Early Learning & Development Standards (RIELDS) and that also incorporates spiritual values and themes.
2.1 Integrate learning goals from RIELDS focusing on development within the following key domains: physical health and motor, social and emotional, language, literacy, cognitive, mathematics, science, social studies, and creative arts.
2.2 Implement the Creative Curriculum for Preschool featuring learning through exploration and discovery, “enabling children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills”.
2.3 Incorporate and align Biblical values and themes with learning goals and curriculum
2.3a Engage children in song, worship, and prayer activities.
2.4 Purchase new materials that support the standards and curricular choices.
2.5 Provide ongoing professional development to teachers focusing on teaching, learning, and assessment including RIELDS training for all teachers. In support of a Godly approach to teaching and learning, professional development will also be provided in collaboration with Fr. Craig.
- Renovate the physical facility to create a safe environment where children can actively engage in play, exploration, and discovery.
3.1 Redesign and renovate the physical space to align with the Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale (ECERS).
3.2 Purchase furniture and equipment for the redesigned space.
- Increase the BrightStars rating to at least three stars (from one star) by May, 2018. BrightStars assessment ensures high quality care and programming “using research-based practices that promote positive outcomes for children and families”.
*We are a BrightStars accredited School.
We are CCAP affiliated
Tuition and Fees Click here
Follow the school on Facebook for all the latest school events